Forums / Gun Discussion / Reloading .223 for an AR-15 Anyone have any tips to help feeding?

3 years 51 weeks ago, 9:42 PM

DEMO

DEMO's picture

Lieutenant General

I am starting to load .223 for my Remington R-15. Anyone else load this? Any tips on feeding the rounds in a semi auto? I have the lee crimper.....

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do
3 years 51 weeks ago, 9:53 PM

Anonymous

Demo

you should have my email address.drop me an email so I can call you and explain what all you need.i cant type it all out.

3 years 51 weeks ago, 3:50 PM

jackhammer69

jackhammer69's picture

Staff Sergeant
handloading the .223

autoloaders tend to like max powder charges more. I tried min charge and my bolt would not hold back after last shot. I went with max charge and it fixed the problem. Also you want to watch bullet seating depth, for magazine clearance. Dont use flat nose bullets, will have feeding problems. I have found the 52 grain boattail A max by hornady, with 25.5 grains of Accurate Arms powder to be very accurate, with a 1 in 9 inch twist barrel. Dillon loading equipment is hi quality, no BS warranty.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1163 (0 members and 1163 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,687, Comments: 161,583, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity