Forums / Gun Discussion / Remington 700

4 years 32 weeks ago, 1:48 AM

william Lammers

william Lammers's picture

Lieutenant Colonel
Remington 700

Has anyone noticed the difference in the anti-binding slots, (located on the lug) is a little different on a SPS Tactical, than a standard Rem. 700s? Also, has anyone else picked one of these SPS Tacticals up?...and if so, what are your impressions? Thanks for any imput.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
4 years 32 weeks ago, 11:42 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

If you want the options of the SPS, buy it. It will cost much more to buy the standard 700 and upgrade it yourself. The stock and bbl are worth the extra $$ alone. I used to have the 700P and it is a very nice rifle for the money (compared to some very similar rifles that go for 2K+). Remember, don't skimp on the glass... make sure to leave enough $$ to get something good. I hate seeing a really nice rifle with a $100 walmart scope on it.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 32 weeks ago, 3:04 AM

william Lammers

william Lammers's picture

Lieutenant Colonel

Reaper308, Thanks...I put a Nikon Monarch 5-20X44 on it, simply because I had to try something new. The glass is impressive, though at above 18-19X parallax is evident...Can read 2" lettering on a mailbox, a quarter mile up the road, no problem. My plans now, are to save some $, and upgrade the stock to a McMillan or Bell and Carlson, bed it, and see what we see...At some time in the future, I plan on hooking-up w/greasypaws, (have an invite for a little Range time). Thanks again for your suggestions!

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 988 (1 member and 987 guests)
captmax

Users Active within the last 24 hours
captmax, teko52, daisycutter, presslerms, LLE, jf.chandler sr., tallguy007, cbxjeff, null, Caber
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,642, Comments: 160,870, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity