Forums / Off Topic / ronin1604, raffycanlas, Lyle Hutychins, Ironkoji, Schuyler, wolfclaw3377, greasypaws, ebear, catfish88, bobby glock

5 years 31 weeks ago, 4:39 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States

Hello all, well what problems can we solve today!

5 years 31 weeks ago, 4:40 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
greasypaws

I agree with you and your range, banning the filming. It might have been that useless piece of human excrement, Michael Moore.

5 years 30 weeks ago, 5:24 AM

Ironkoji

Ironkoji's picture

I wrote a PM to syntasn_syn because Reaper suggested he could help me add a new weapon to the site and then I could write a review of it and get credit for writing a gun review instead of just starting a new topic. I talked to you in PM about the Filipino MSSR, the Marine Scout Sniper Rifle. I really want to do this review and I honestly think that people here would be interested in this weapon and how it came to be developed. It sure doesn't look like much unless you're and expert and know what you're looking at. The weapon is a fine example of what a poor country can do out of great need and desperation. This is true story of a remarkable people who in their time of need found themselves all alone in the world and no one would come to help them. But we Americans came and the Singaporeans came too, and I also went to help and it was a great priveledge for me to see this small group of willing and hard working people at Scout Sniper Command build thie weapon. I hope this fellow that Reaper recommended to me will write back soon and give me the help i need to tell the story of the Filipino Marine Scout Sniper Rifle.

As always,
Your friend,

Koji

5 years 31 weeks ago, 4:42 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
ebear

When does your Israeli Cannon arrive? That certainely seemed like a good deal...

5 years 31 weeks ago, 4:46 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
sam

well im off tomorrow , so im off to get the ffl paper work faxed to the seller .then whatever time it takes from Pennsylvania to Elgin Ill. i guess

...check... G-AZ
5 years 31 weeks ago, 4:48 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
ebear

Good deal, shouldn't take more than 6 to 8 weeks...LOL
With Illinois laws.

5 years 31 weeks ago, 4:52 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
sam!!!!!

don't tell me that!!!!!but i was a load off just securing the piece.Did you see that as soon as i Bought it, he put another one on the block???I thought it was the same one!!!! after a panic attach i saw it was a differant item number.

...check... G-AZ
5 years 31 weeks ago, 4:55 PM

samD

samD's picture

President

All priced more than yours. I couldn't see any appreciable difference.

5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:00 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
well i believe

one of those was mine....but i emailed him and told him i want the best one of the two for the same price. then im gonna position Snake on a rooftop with the site on waiting for my call

...check... G-AZ
5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:04 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
Snake on a rooftop

Now that is a visual. Papertowel roll, pretend sniper scope, duct taped to his .410 sniper shotgun. With his .45 SA strapped to his hip in his Roy Rogers holster. Wow now I feel safe. LOL Sorry Snake just funnin with ya!

5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:07 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
lol

He's all I can afford on short notice....A red-bull and a Slim jim Jerky stick is all it costs.

...check... G-AZ
5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:10 PM

samD

samD's picture

President

Throw in a new can of Skoal as a bonus.

5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:18 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
half a used can

im an asshole!!!!lololol

...check... G-AZ
5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:29 PM

Schuyler

Schuyler's picture

General
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States

Pre-chewed Skoal, now in a value pack.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:30 PM

Schuyler

Schuyler's picture

General
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States

samD wrote:
Hello all, well what problems can we solve today!

like from your nap?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:34 PM

samD

samD's picture

President

My Sunday ritual. Generally it is only a 100 lap nap, when NASCAR races on Sunday, but they raced last night.

5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:37 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
oh by the way

GO BlackHawks!!!!!!!

...check... G-AZ
5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:40 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
ebear

Where are they going? Can't get very far away, only have that little rink to skate in.
I went to the fights one time and a hockey game broke out...

5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:43 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
lol

them young boys can play big sammy!!!!!Oh by the way.....White Sox All day long!!!!!!!!!!!!

...check... G-AZ
5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:47 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
ebear

I took you for a Cubbies diehard!

5 years 31 weeks ago, 5:51 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
no

Thats my dad....Im a Sox fan From way back when they wore those f'd up shorts!!!!

...check... G-AZ
5 years 31 weeks ago, 7:38 PM

raffycanlas

raffycanlas's picture

General

THE PELOSI PLAGUE

I'm just another damn yankee with a loaded gun looking for some fun!
5 years 31 weeks ago, 11:46 PM

Ironkoji

Ironkoji's picture

samD

gosh you're a hoot! you'd have made a great texan, and that's saying something coming from a native texan. Actually Ronin and I reached a very good understanding. I hope the others in that sniper thread will catch onto to what Ronin and I discovered between us. Other people gotta put their two cents in and criticize and I don't mind that, but getting dissed by someone who has never been in the field and never been shot at really bugs me. I spent more than 20 years of my adult life hunting bad guys in the deserts and little border towns of northern Israel, in the jungles and the mountains of the Philippines and the big cities and urban areas of Singapore, Malaysia and Japan. One of my boys, my second was born in Tel Aviv because I was there working with the Israeli Air Wing Special Forces Command and the most very deadly soldiers in all the world, Israeli Air Wing Commandos. I am proud to have served both my country and the countries of our closest friends and allies. You will not find any people in all the world who are more friendly to the US than the Filipinos. It's a desperate situation they are in. They are a very poor third world country involved in a life and death struggle with a group of murdering thugs called the Abu Sayaf. These guys make Al Qaida look like 3rd rate amatuers, the twin tower thing notwithstanding. But Abu Sayaf love to kidnap whole families and will torture some of them and kill some of them to get the others to do what they want. The Filipinos asked for help and no one would come to help them. No one that is, except Americans and Singaporeans. I went to help too. It was during that time that I had a series of heart attacks, the bad kind, MIs or miocardial infarctions. 6 or 7 of them in fact in 2004 and 2005. I had my heart surgery in January of 2006 and had to retire from the business. It's a funny thing too. When the docs told me I'd had these heart attacks and had to have surgery to fix the problem I was the most surprised person in the room. I never knew I'd had even one, much less 7. It's possible and I learned that in fact it happens all the time, you can have a heart attack and not know that you had one. So while I'm fighting the Abu Sayaf with the Filipino Marine Scout Command as a trainer and captain of a 240 man FMSS SF combined forces company I'm under fire and having heart attacks. BTW the numbers on those MIs are really nasty. 65 percent of everyone who has their first one, drops dead from it. I had 6 or 7 and they couldn't be exactly sure. They based this on the damage done to the wall of the left side back half of my heart. But I am a blessed person. My wife died about 8 years ago when my oldest boy was 8 and my youngest was 7. I am very grateful to God and the Powers That Be that my boys are not orphans. I'm not a bad person, but sometimes people who think they know everything are exceedingly annoying to those of us who actually do ;) And for the critics out there who don't mind shooting off their mouth but would wet their pants at the thought of being shot at and have never been under fire in the field, that was a joke and not intended to be taken seriously. It's not ego either. I have one, sure, and when it talks you'll know the difference. Ooops, oh my, a nifty one liner there! :)
Trembles at the thought of samD singing YMCA! Oh and even though I am half Japanese, I was born in Dallas and I'm a native Texan. There is even one person who complained that I write posts that at are too long. There is a reason for that. It's called reasoning. I like to reason out and reason through things that I write rather than relying on nifty little one liners that are sayable sayings or remarkable quotes or and they think these truisms constitute logic. Not so. And no, they don't get score any points in a debate for nifty one liners. Logic, reason and a cool head are every bit as deadly as Sniper rifle projectiles. Logic doesn't happen in a sentence or two. It's called Socratic Reasoning. Thesis, Hypothesis and Synthesis. Thesis: all humans are mortal. Hypothesis: Socrates was a man. Synthesis: ergo Socrates was mortal. Interesting fact to support the Synthesis. He's dead. Fact and nifty one liners do not a debate make. Take your time. Think logically and carefully and use facts sparingly to support your argument, not to be your argument. And as far as I understand from the Guidelines for the site, there are no limits on the size of a post. But for what it's worth, here is my nifty one liner. It's easy to criticize, it's harder to accept criticism and harder still to accept it just because somebody wants to put you down. I'm not here to put anyone down. In fact I really enjoy my time here. I've made some casual friends here and even made one real friend here. That's worth the price of admission to me right there.

5 years 31 weeks ago, 11:53 PM

Ironkoji

Ironkoji's picture

Oh, forgot something

Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 years 31 weeks ago, 12:09 AM

Ironkoji

Ironkoji's picture

A nifty one liner. Stormin Norman made this quote, but from experience, I can tell you it's true. "If you're in a minefield and there is just one mine in that minefield, and you don't know where it is. That's intense." It's true, but it serves no purpose in a logical, and organized discussion, other than mere illustration. That's the real problem with nifty one liners. They illustrate, but prove nothing. It's merely an interesting fact, not logic. But most of the one liners I've heard directed at me were either funny from my friends, or just plain mean from people who don't like either me or what I have to say. And almost all of them were not facts, but instead, mere truisms. However, in my business I must admit the Assault Rifle, the Carbine, and the Sniper rifle have a logic all their own. It's even a little sordid considering the best war is the one that never happens. And of course the other side doesn't get to argue back. They're experiencing the final logic of death. Abu Sayaf, the PLO, Hamas, Hezebollah, Al Qaida, and others for the most part only understand the logic of superior expertise in the delivery of deadly fire. Any yeah, that's intense too.

5 years 31 weeks ago, 4:17 AM

fordvg

fordvg's picture

Stormin Norman made this quote, but from experience, I can tell you it's true. "If you're in a minefield and there is just one mine in that minefield, and you don't know where it is. That's intense." Being in a minefield is crazy feeling.

"WAR IS A RACKET, I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street, and for the Bankers." Major-General Smedley Darlington Butler USMC Ret. 2 time Medal of Honor winner.
5 years 31 weeks ago, 4:25 AM

charley9toe

charley9toe's picture

Lieutenant General
Mine field

Like going backwards, where I came from (and not cast a shadow also).

(You have to look behind all of that outer space stuff)
5 years 30 weeks ago, 7:29 AM

samD

samD's picture

President
ironkoji san

Are you casting aspersions on my witty (non reasoning) one liners? LOL

5 years 30 weeks ago, 10:37 AM

Ironkoji

Ironkoji's picture

samd

No not yours. Yours are friendly. I was talking about the people who have been mean spirited, which is one reason I have held off until now to see if it would be ok for my boys to join the forum as real members. I am a little worried about my oldest boy getting picked on for the difficulties he has in expressing himself. But most of you including yourself have now shown an interest in my sons and you have been very kind to me. BTW Syn answered my PM and he gave me all in the information I needed and did it in a wonderfully easy to follow step by step manner. So give me a couple of days and I'll have that MSSR added to the guns, with a picture and then I will do the review of it and post the url link to that site.
I really like your one liners. Maybe we should start a new topic for one liners if there isn't one already.

As always,
Your friend,

Koji

5 years 30 weeks ago, 11:05 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
Koji II

if your son does join... let us know his member name, so we can all keep an eye out for him and make sure that no one picks on him

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 30 weeks ago, 12:46 PM

Ironkoji

Ironkoji's picture

Sons member names

Heyas Reaper, thanks and God bless you for all the help you have been. Syn has just been wonderful with the help he has offered. My oldest boy intends to use the english version of what his nihongi name really means, LittleDragon. My younger boy hasn't decided yet. I'll let you know as soon as he does.

Your friend,

Koji

PS thank you so very much for being willing to look after my boys especially my oldest boy.

5 years 30 weeks ago, 11:57 AM

samD

samD's picture

President
Amen reaper

And maybe, sytasyn-syn will share with the rest of us, his well kept secret of doing a gun review.

5 years 30 weeks ago, 12:49 PM

Ironkoji

Ironkoji's picture

Amen Reaper and samD

I have the list of instructions written down as syn gave it to me still in my PM inbox. I could forward a copy to you if you wish.

Your friend,

Koji

5 years 30 weeks ago, 1:16 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
ironkoji-san

please forward them to me PM.
Thanks

5 years 30 weeks ago, 1:27 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
koji

me three! I would like them as well. Thanks

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 30 weeks ago, 1:18 PM

samD

samD's picture

President

Welcome to Gunslot. Glad to have you onboard. If you have any problems reaper and I "El Presidente Omnipotent the 1st" will take care of them...

5 years 30 weeks ago, 1:25 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

arigato samd san for most fine welcoming. Hope get know you as well as best friend from site fordvg. Also wish big arigato to all who want help and care for Ryo as self learn way around site. Hope and wish not be bother to anyone. LittleDragon give much big thanks to all who have help otosan. He make good friend here. Otosan very honorable man. Ryo love otosan very much. Wish learn ability of shooting rifle but have some small problem with shaky hand and finger in both hand. Is from CP. Hope all be understanding and if self make mistake would ask any responsible person help Ryo out and correct.

Most sincere from,

LittleDragon

Moshi Moshi from LittleDragon
5 years 30 weeks ago, 1:29 PM

samD

samD's picture

President

Get otosan to set you up with a benchrest rifle and a very light trigger pull. Like a Ruger 10/22. I am building one for my wife, a target 10/22. Will post pictures when it is finished.

5 years 30 weeks ago, 1:40 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

otosan very frighten about LittleDragon fire weapon but younger brother Ryu kun have ask father if maybe possible get M16 like air gun and first learn shoot from this and maybe LittleDragon not hurt self or worse hurt other person. hope otosan will listen to little brother and also most honorable president of site, samD san. Arigato!

Your friend hope big big,

LittleDragon

5 years 30 weeks ago, 1:43 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
Little Dragon

Have you ever thought of an Air Soft rifle to start out with?

Something like these...

http://www.airsocom.com/Airsoft/Replica_Models/Airsoft_M16_M4/
http://www.sniper-airsoft-guns.com/m16_airsoft_guns.html

5 years 30 weeks ago, 5:01 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Air rifles

Dear Reaper san,

ryo check out these site and are some fine air rifle there neh. Ryo like M16 air rifle and so is what want. wakatta that father have surprise for ryo birthday. not bug cause not want jinx neh. keep finger cross dozo. ryo hope big but keep expection small neh.

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 30 weeks ago, 1:45 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
LD

Good plan.
samD

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 854 (1 member and 853 guests)
Solid Snake

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,674, Comments: 161,408, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity