Forums / Gun Discussion / the Ruger 10/22

4 years 10 weeks ago, 9:07 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
the Ruger 10/22

who's got one? what type magazines are you using? I put about 150 rounds down range Wednesday afternoon using a Shooters Ridge 50 round mag.It was junk,i shot 3 different brands of .22 ammo and i had a clean oiled rifle.I had many jams,and since i was dialing in my red dot site,it was a pain in the ass to have to be clearing the chamber every 4 rounds.Finally got the dot site shooting where i wanted to though,I was using the "shoot and see" targets and they worked pretty good to.I was shooting at POA/POI @ 50 meters.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
4 years 10 weeks ago, 10:29 PM

jay sedler

jay sedler's picture

Lieutenant General

id be using their mags if i wasnt in califuckya,where hi caps are illegal.tacticalinc.com offers composite or aluminum 10/22 mags that can be disasembled for cleaning and maintanance,they allso feature justable steel feedlips to make your rifle feed more reliably.bulk amo dosnt seem to feed my ruger well at all,so my mags dont matter when i use it but i have had moderate luck with butlercreek and ramline mags.standard ruger mags work best for me though.good luck.

CRY HAVOC and let slip the dogs of war!
4 years 10 weeks ago, 7:39 AM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
I have a 10/22

I have a couple different High-caps. I have a Ram-line 25 or 30 rounder, a Butler Creek Steel Lips 25 rounder, and a ccouple Eagle 10 rounders. I haven't tried any 50 rounders. With the 25 and 30 round mags, make sure there is a raised piece on the left side of the mag, otherwise the rounds stick up too high and jam against the top of the chamber. I think the butler Creek Steel Lips are about the best.

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
4 years 10 weeks ago, 7:48 AM

Nitris

Nitris's picture

Lieutenant General
No hastheruns, equeer said your lips are the best. He said you have kind lips...........the kind that fit his mexican water hose.

Ron Paul 2012 III
4 years 10 weeks ago, 5:03 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
10/22

I have a few different mags, I agree with the runaway that butler creek's steel lips seem to be the best. I have another one with steel lips that works pretty good too, can't remember the brand though. I've had the best luck with remington ammo

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 787 (1 member and 786 guests)
jusuni

Users Active within the last 24 hours
jusuni, DanO, jf.chandler sr., tallguy007, captmax, LLE, nobile157, teko52, daisycutter
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,750, Comments: 162,476, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity