Forums / Gun Discussion / Ruger LCP or Rossi .357

5 years 43 weeks ago, 3:39 PM

GLOCKSTER

GLOCKSTER's picture

Lieutenant General

My mom’s birthday is in July, and my dad and I were wanting to get her a new pistol. She has a Ruger SP-101 with a 4in barrel, and she wants something smaller. I was wondering if I should get her a Ruger LCP, or a Rossi .357 2in stubby. She would only shoot .38 out of the Rossi, but I’m going to get the .357 just so she’ll have a bigger cal. if she ever moves up. Any input on these guns would be great.

If guns are outlawed I'LL BE AN OUTLAW!!!!!!!!! If guns kill people then beds cause pregnancy.
5 years 43 weeks ago, 3:51 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General
LCP

I do not have one, but I do own the Kel-Tec 3-AT and love it. They are pretty much the same gun, I think the Ruger weighs a few ounces more tough. My buddy loves his, but they are hard to find. Also they are kinda snappy to shoot. Hope this helps some.

"Two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red the white the blue.The other ones got a rattlesnake with a simple statement made, Don’t Tread On Me is what it says"
5 years 42 weeks ago, 5:10 PM

Nitris

Nitris's picture

Lieutenant General

The Rossi 357 magnum is one of the best made. Taurus firearms makes the Rossi 357 magnum and taurus makes the best revolvers IMO. I have several Rossi magnums and have had no problems, my wife loves her's s well.

Ron Paul 2012 III
5 years 42 weeks ago, 5:14 PM

GLOCKSTER

GLOCKSTER's picture

Lieutenant General

thanks shakleford and nitris i will prolly get the rossi cause my mom can't load a mag very well even thouggh i have tried to teach her

If guns are outlawed I'LL BE AN OUTLAW!!!!!!!!! If guns kill people then beds cause pregnancy.
5 years 42 weeks ago, 5:20 PM

Nitris

Nitris's picture

Lieutenant General

I have one for sell right now this is what it looks like if your interetsed and yes it's new. I have several of this one.

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q256/Nitris1/?action=view&current=DSC...

Ron Paul 2012 III
5 years 42 weeks ago, 7:21 PM

dave329

dave329's picture

Colonel
LCP

I have both the LCP and a Rossi in 357.
I would recomend the LCP it is very light weight and in a descent caliber especially since she already has a revolver.
With a little practice she will be able to load the mag it is not that hard the spring is realitively light.
This little pistol is pretty accurate. Has a little kick but manageable especially with the smaller hands it is easier to get a better grip, and it also comes with a finger rest extension now.
Hope this helps

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1019 (1 member and 1018 guests)
Solid Snake

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,690, Comments: 161,625, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity