Forums / Gun Discussion / Ruger mark ll M77 22-250 cal.

5 years 46 weeks ago, 9:06 AM

glock man

glock man's picture

Lieutenant Colonel

I am thinking about buying one for coyote hunting. It is stainless steel with a composite stock. Any one have any experince or reviews with this gun or round ?

Shoot first..... ask questions later !
5 years 46 weeks ago, 9:52 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

IMHO and experience, the 22-250 is an excellent round, which I used in Colorado for Praire Dogs. I understand that the Ruger 77's are fine rifles, but I have never shot one. My experience with Ruger has been all positive.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
5 years 46 weeks ago, 10:02 AM

glock man

glock man's picture

Lieutenant Colonel
I am considering

using a 45 grn.round. will this be heavy enough for coyote or should I go heaver. I think a 64 grn. is the heavest that i have seen.

5 years 46 weeks ago, 10:12 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

it depends on the ballistics you are trying to achieve. For example, on prarie dogs, I wanted reasonably long shots, and therefore, I tried to maximize flat trajectory. The commercial 22-250 rounds do not differ too much in trajectory, as I remember them, by bullet weight. But since the coyos are bigger animals, you would have a trade-off study, between energy left at the desired range[s], and flatness of trajectory.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
5 years 46 weeks ago, 11:21 AM

glock man

glock man's picture

Lieutenant Colonel
Thanks

I need to do a little home work. As far as the distance it could be up to 500 yds.

5 years 46 weeks ago, 12:44 PM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

straining the 22-250 at 500', unless you had a superduper load and superb sniper type optics. It would have to be an ultimate high pressure load, and even then, you would be holding at least 16" high.

5 years 46 weeks ago, 12:00 PM

Anonymous

ruger

these are decent guns.the .22-250 is an excellent varmint cartridge.i say buy,buy,buy!

5 years 46 weeks ago, 12:08 PM

glock man

glock man's picture

Lieutenant Colonel
Swift Scope

This rifle has a swift 4-12 X 50 scope on it. I have no knowlege of the Swift line. Any feedback ?

5 years 46 weeks ago, 7:51 PM

Tack

Tack's picture

Major

is a Remmington XR-100. I've had this rifle for about 4 years now and have really enjoyed it. I picked it over any others because I really like the thumbhole stock and the LOP seemed to be perfect for me. And the trigger can be adjusted externally which is also a big plus. The only thing I would consider a drawback is the fact that it's a single shot. Other than that, great rifle. And the 22-250 is a great round IMHO.

Tack

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flys like an apple.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 847 (0 members and 847 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,678, Comments: 161,455, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity