Forums / Gun Discussion / ShtMLE 303 British

6 years 7 weeks ago, 1:53 PM

jwg

jwg's picture

Sergeant First Class
ShtMLE 303 British

I have a very good looking 303 with the magazine cutoff on the right side. Problem is-- no magazine. I also have a Long Branch and the magazine will not work in the older rifle. Anyone know where I could find the older mag.? I also know this rifle was made between 1907 and 1915 and is a Mk III w/out the *. Thanks for any help.

6 years 7 weeks ago, 6:35 PM

Anonymous

smle magazine

got a mag for my smle from these guys
http://www.e-gunparts.com/
they deal in old gun parts

6 years 7 weeks ago, 8:31 PM

jwg

jwg's picture

Sergeant First Class
smle

Thanks, greasypaws, and thanks for the welcome,too. I must have had a brain fart and forgot about Numrich. I even got their catalog.

6 years 6 weeks ago, 3:39 PM

STEVE WILLIAMS

STEVE WILLIAMS's picture

Colonel
i hate filthy theives

hey to all, ive got some shitty news for ya... ive had a break in the bastards got my british 303, my double barrel 12 ga. my ruger 9mm, my 22 rifle and my mothers 22 pistol that was never fired... ive made a police report of course but ill bet i never get my guns back.i suspect my nephew , but cant prove nothing, the 303 has my innitials burnted in the stock SJW i really want to get them back but i guesse i wont hold my breath.. so my topic for today is (I HATE SKUMBAG THEIVES)

steve williams
6 years 6 weeks ago, 3:44 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
wow

that is f'd up......if you suspect you nephew i would confront him.thats allot of shit that could get into the wrong hands.

...check... G-AZ
6 years 6 weeks ago, 3:44 PM

sytasyn_syn

sytasyn_syn's picture

General
Sucks

SHIT!! Thats horrible man sorry to hear it.

Be Kind and Courteous to All That You Meet, But Always Have A Plan to Kill Them -U.S. Marine Corp General-
6 years 6 weeks ago, 3:52 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

it'll all come back to them in time!

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
6 years 6 weeks ago, 7:05 PM

Anonymous

thieves and firearms

first off i know that most of you know this but here goes anyhoo,write down all serial nubers on your firearms.make multiple copies,have trusting people keep copies for you and keep a set for your self that way even if a thief stole your file cabinet along with your guns you have copies of serial numbers available.second,buy a engraver from sears or lowes even home depot,i then remove butt pads on rifles and grips on pistols(basically a hidden place so as to NOT detract from value of the firearm)and i engrave either my name or my drivers license number then i reassemble the firearms.now you have a way of identification on your firearms.when you engrave them make it deep enough so that it is impossible to remove it and if it is removed it is obvious.also take pictures of the engraved parts.that way if someone removed your engraving you could still prove it was done with pictures and serial numbers

6 years 6 weeks ago, 6:38 AM

skeeter51

skeeter51's picture

Major General
Good Thinking

On the engraving! I've already copied all my serial numbers to a piece of paper and a digital file which I keep on a CD. But I really that engraving idea.

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson---------------------------------------------------------- Happiness is a beer in one hand and a gun in the other!
6 years 6 weeks ago, 2:15 PM

STEVE WILLIAMS

STEVE WILLIAMS's picture

Colonel

jwg wrote:
I have a very good looking 303 with the magazine cutoff on the right side. Problem is-- no magazine. I also have a Long Branch and the magazine will not work in the older rifle. Anyone know where I could find the older mag.? I also know this rifle was made between 1907 and 1915 and is a Mk III w/out the *. Thanks for any help.

i had a 303 before it was stolen but i bought a extra clip from a local gun shop rileys sport shop 1575 hooksett road hooksett n.h. 03106 tel. #(603)485-5000 maybe they can help you with this matter new member steve williams

steve williams
6 years 6 weeks ago, 10:28 AM

jwg

jwg's picture

Sergeant First Class
smle

Thanks everyone. Since I posted this I have looked at Numrich's Book again. They have the MK III listed as a No I MK III. Took a closer look at the diagrams and they have a Mag cutoff illustrated sao it is the same. I will call that gun shop, Steve. May save some bucks or find stuff for my other smle's. As for theives, a buddy of mine was robbed last year and lost some guns and got hit a week later before he got his alarm installed. The scumbag got caught trying to sell a Ducks Unlimited shotgun. Thats the only one he recovered. A**hole got 2 yrs in pen and must make restitution for the other 7 guns. What's the chance of that? Should allow us to take it out on their hide.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 814 (1 member and 813 guests)
captmax

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,675, Comments: 161,414, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity