Forums / Gun Discussion / sig p250?

3 years 26 weeks ago, 4:58 AM

hot_diggity87

hot_diggity87's picture

Colonel
sig p250?

anyone have a chance at the sig p250? was just looking at it considering saving up a little while longer and getting that in .40... I know Sigs are amazing but I've not heard anything on the p250 and would like some feedback, checked the reviews on here but didnt see anything, though its early and i could have easily slipped past it or something, no coffee yet haha. thanks in advance

I'm not home officer, take me drunk!
3 years 26 weeks ago, 2:56 PM

HecklerKoch45

HecklerKoch45's picture

Colonel

I like the steel P series from Sig a lot better. Not because its steel ad not polymer, I have no problems with polymer guns, I have 3 HKs and love them. I just think the steel on steel action on the sigs is so much better. The feel of the grip is also a lot better to many anyways. The P250 grip is more of an oval of rounded shape if you can find a picture showing the bottom of the gun you will see what I am talking about, its more like grabbing a paper towel roll than a gun grip. On the other hand, they have the conversions for the 250 where you can have a full size gun or swap the parts out into a compact size if thats cool to you then that might be better. I dont really care for that feature. Most of the P series guns are about the size I like anyways. hope this helps.

~Sig Sauer 516 Patrol 5.56 NATO~HK45 .45 ACP~HK45c .45 ACP~HK P30L 9mm~HK P30 .40 S&W~W. German Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP~Walther P22~
3 years 26 weeks ago, 3:22 PM

CharlesW

CharlesW's picture

General
Live in the wilderness, Republic of Texas, United States

See how it has held up after time.

Shit if I live that long lol

A little rebellion is good medicine for the government Thomas Jefferson
3 years 26 weeks ago, 6:09 PM

BluedSteelCharisma

BluedSteelCharisma's picture

Colonel
Frontlines, North Carolina, United States
20 year polymer

if a 600 dollar Glock lasts 20 years id say you got your moneys worth and id buy another one.

The evils of tyranny are rarely seen, but by he who resists it.
3 years 26 weeks ago, 3:26 PM

hot_diggity87

hot_diggity87's picture

Colonel
p250

read somewhere that p250's have some problems with jams or something of the nature, now im just considering stashing untill i get the cash for a p229 or p226. not sure, still got a couple weeks before i ultimately make up my mind, was thinking of the mosquito but i want a bigger caliber haha... though having the .22 would be nice to have just walkin around back in the woods incase a squirrel stumbles upon my eyesight ... while in season of course :) love squirrel almost as good as venison. but then again im not exactly sure how accurate the mosquito is as far as range. imo, id rather carry a little pistol regularly and getting the chance than haul a .22 rifle with me every time i go back to the woods, and if the mosquito is accurate enough to hunt squirrels with... i would get more real use out of it rather than a 40 or a 45 just shooting at targets -shrugs- like i said, i have time to think it out, so drop any advice which will all be greatly appreciated. afterwards ill probably work my way up in caliber to a 9mm or a .40. not my first time shooting a pistol, just trying to figure out which pistol would best suit me, i live out in the sticks in a nice area... not richie rich but well wooded and no gangstas to be confronted by... lol, I'm gonna check out other .22's and check back later. thanks hecklerkoch45 for the advice

3 years 26 weeks ago, 3:39 PM

CharlesW

CharlesW's picture

General
Live in the wilderness, Republic of Texas, United States

in several guns. Mostly because of misfires.
If you are going to carry a 22 get some
Stingers or Mini Mags.

The 22 inside a human is like a pinball machine.
It bounces all over the place causing considerable
damage to organs.

Remember the range of a 22 before you go shooting
it as a defense weapon.

A little rebellion is good medicine for the government Thomas Jefferson
3 years 26 weeks ago, 10:05 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
Sig Masquito and jams

They come with two recoil spring, hotter loads use one spring and lighter loads use the other.

The issue with the Sig Mosquito is that the front of the slide blows off some some of the starting at the face of the frame.

They are made out of Pot Metal and end up cracking back at the frame face where they have stopped the cut for the dust cover. Sig knows of this and yet has done squat to change it as yet.

I know of 4 different weapons doing this with me ROing can having to call a Cold Range so the person could walk out and pick up the parts. My Brothers has been back to Sig three times at no cost, but it is still depressing. The other weapons all were sent back and fixed without question or cost.

My brothers blew apart after having 5000 or so rounds put through it the first time, the second time was around 2000 rounds. We strictly shot Mini-Mag's with the correct recoil spring installed. Sig has sent it back and again at no cost, we are going to keep a diary on the times we shoot it keeping track of number of rounds, rapid fire or slow fire and such.

Sig could fix this instantly with all new Mosquitoes that leave the warehouse by putting the CAST slides away and using only the New Aluminum material stock used is making the Full Sized frame conversion and the Full Sized Frame 22 swap weapons. ie: 220-22lr which is convertible to a 220 4....

Personally I love sig, and hate to say it, but I tell everyone to stay away from that particular model and tell the person to opt for the conversion...

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 26 weeks ago, 3:49 PM

hot_diggity87

hot_diggity87's picture

Colonel
yeeeeh lol

yeah, ill check out some pawn shops in a couple weeks and see what's goin on, thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

3 years 26 weeks ago, 5:27 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
sigs

I agree with HK45. I've shot the P250 and it was OK,but I prefer P229's and P226's. The 250 had a pretty long trigger pull.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
3 years 26 weeks ago, 5:31 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
one more thought

you can usually find good used sigs (factory refurbished) that go to sig's armorers. They swap out all the parts that show any wear and re-sell them with a warranty. I was able to pick up a 9x19 P229 with night sights for just over $500. It looked brand new and I've never had a single problem with it

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
3 years 26 weeks ago, 6:19 PM

BluedSteelCharisma

BluedSteelCharisma's picture

Colonel
Frontlines, North Carolina, United States
Sig 250

Theres a reason its not a 950 dollar pistol, as you can see by just looking at it its not made like any other sig. my gun shop guys tell me it was made to sell in Europe, not sure how the european demand would alter things like the decocker and such but whatever. from all ive read it shoots fine. i thought it was comfortable in the hand, just dont really want to change what i feel is a good thing. ( the original configuration) ill stick with my 229 and am currently looking at a 226 as a upcoming purchase....haven't decided for sure yet.

The evils of tyranny are rarely seen, but by he who resists it.
3 years 26 weeks ago, 10:14 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
Sig p250....

I've shot this in 45, 40, and 9 quiet a bit,
I find the trigger to basically be one of the worst I've come across in a modern pistol.
It is not a nasty trigger, but it is a very long trigger with a very long reset.

I'd put it along the lines of a LCP or Keltec 380 trigger.... ( There will be some parts to come out after market which addresses the trigger and then it will be way above a Glock on all front, imo)

Great boat gun won't rust away on you... but I'd go *ack... nasty liquid creeping up the back of my throat* Glock.

At the very least the Glocks trigger is short on throw and reset, though the 250 shoots dead on point of aim..

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 26 weeks ago, 8:52 AM

HecklerKoch45

HecklerKoch45's picture

Colonel
Sigs

Yea Id have to agree I wouldnt go with the mosquito. I think there are plenty of other options in that area that will do the job better. I have heard great things about the walther P22 or PK22 whatever it is. Its a nice gun for plinking. Like I said, I think the best way to go if you really want a sig sauer handgun is with a metal P Series gun. I have heard that the newer P220 models have problems with extraction but I have no personal experience with that. The P229 I had ran flawless, and was a dream to shoot. Probably one of the most accurate guns I have shot. Wished I still had it. Traded it to afford my HK45c. Dont regret getting the HK45c, but I do regret getting rid of my P229. should have waited and saved :( Hope this helps.

PS: as for the polymer guns lasting for 20 years.... I think you will find that it just as likely if not more likely for a polymer gun to survive 20 years. I love metal guns too, but lets face it, when it rains, snows, or a dust storm comes, Im pickin up a polymer gun, not a metal one.

~Sig Sauer 516 Patrol 5.56 NATO~HK45 .45 ACP~HK45c .45 ACP~HK P30L 9mm~HK P30 .40 S&W~W. German Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP~Walther P22~
3 years 26 weeks ago, 10:26 AM

hot_diggity87

hot_diggity87's picture

Colonel
oh well...

guess i have longer to research and what not on pistols, got some debts that i've decided to finally take care of haha, they've just been sittin there collecting dust in a drawer next to the trash can, it will give me time to check out ranges that rent pistols so i can shoot and see what ones i like and which ones i would rather dish out money on. it all works out in the end i suppose.

3 years 26 weeks ago, 4:22 PM

Tallinthesaddle

Tallinthesaddle's picture

Corporal

They have a different trigger system, but you can hid the trigger assembly group ANYWHERE!

3 years 24 weeks ago, 2:10 AM

ustacould

ustacould's picture

Captain
sig 250

I passed on the Sig 250 recently. I paid the@$200 difference and bought the 239. I'm not really Plastic phobic ... but dry firing them at the counter was very telling, to my hand anyway. I was shopping for a CCW gun. I had to have smooth surfaces, smooth trigger pull and really good ballance. I think you must have total confidence and instinctive feel for a gun you will have to use while peeing your pants, and praying.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1172 (0 members and 1172 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,639, Comments: 160,800, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity