Forums / Introduce Yourself / SKS256

6 years 10 weeks ago, 6:35 PM

sks256

sks256's picture

Corporal
SKS256

Hi dudes bought an SKS for fun and have been modifying it for fun! I am from Alabama and found this place and decided to join looks like y'all like to have fun with weapons also!!

6 years 10 weeks ago, 6:53 PM

Anonymous

welcome

wanted to say welcome sks enjoy the forums

6 years 10 weeks ago, 8:02 PM

Hunter59

Hunter59's picture

Major General
I love

I love shooting SKS's. What country is urs from??

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." — Gen. Omar Bradley
6 years 10 weeks ago, 8:12 PM

Anonymous

sks

an interesting info site is www.wikipedia.org just put in sks and hit search

6 years 10 weeks ago, 8:38 PM

sks256

sks256's picture

Corporal
sks

It's a Norinco I put a Choate Dragunov Stock on it and recently added a AK-74 type muzzle brake! How do the aftermarket romovable magazines work for most of you?? Can you give me details like brand,capacity,mods to your weapon to make them work or mods to the magazines themselves??

6 years 10 weeks ago, 8:50 PM

Anonymous

sks magazines

well on my russian i use a 30 round zytel that i got from cheaper than dirt it fits real tight and nice here is the part number MAG-616 they run 18.97 a piece they work well i have 500 rounds thru mine with no feed issues and i also use the stock 10 rd magazine with stripper clips which arent abd to use

6 years 10 weeks ago, 10:17 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

keep your sks origional. if you want a ak, buy one.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
6 years 10 weeks ago, 10:19 PM

Anonymous

original sks

thats the beauty of these guns everything that i did to mine can be swapped out as fast as you can field strip and reassemble plus the norincos arent worth a ton of cash so why not build to suit

6 years 10 weeks ago, 10:22 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

i guess. i just love old battle rifles, and hate to see em get all dressed up. they don't make em any more, so i like keeping all of mine as stock as possible. i can trick out my newer rifles if i want to.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
6 years 10 weeks ago, 10:24 PM

Anonymous

old rifles

i agree thats why my 1895 spanish mauser in original 308 that is complete and functional stays in the gun safe except for veterans day parades when i lend it to the vfw for vets to carry

6 years 10 weeks ago, 10:59 PM

sks256

sks256's picture

Corporal

I've kept all my original parts and can put it back in a matter of a few minutes, to it's orinal shape, except for the muzzle brake I would have to work it back off. I could'nt hit the broad side of the barn with it till I changed stocks now I shoot pretty good with it! I can tear a 5lb coffee can up at 100 yards with the open sights. Not to shabby I'd say for an old fart that wears bifocals!

6 years 10 weeks ago, 4:23 AM

Anonymous

old guns

dont worry build it the way u want reaper just gets sentimental sometimes

6 years 10 weeks ago, 9:51 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

ha ha. its true though.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 558 (0 members and 558 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
captmax, DanO, tallguy007, Caber, nobile157, presslerms
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,654, Comments: 161,088, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity