Forums / Gun Discussion / Springfield 1903$$$

3 years 5 days ago, 7:42 PM

MrBiscuts

MrBiscuts's picture

Captain
Springfield 1903$$$

Hey Im thinking about getting a Springfield 1903. The thing is im not quite sure what a good price is for one. I know its probably going to be expensive so if you could point me in the direction of cheaper, I'd be very thankful.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all thats good."- George Washington
3 years 5 days ago, 2:20 AM

tallguy007

tallguy007's picture

Lieutenant General
I might be wrong ?

They might still make new one's? or some thing that looks like the old one............

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
3 years 4 days ago, 5:05 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General
MrBiscuts wrote:Hey Im

MrBiscuts wrote:
Hey Im thinking about getting a Springfield 1903. The thing is im not quite sure what a good price is for one. I know its probably going to be expensive so if you could point me in the direction of cheaper, I'd be very thankful.

Consult "BLUE BOOK"

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
3 years 4 days ago, 11:41 AM

coppertop

coppertop's picture

Major General

On guns America, it looks like they are going for over a grand and then some. If you want a cheap military bolt action, then look at a mosin nagant. Pay hundreds vs. thousands. Just google 1903 and look at the hits. That will give you an idea on $ for a 1903.

3 years 4 days ago, 4:33 PM

upshot

upshot's picture

Major

An all original 03 in good shape is going to cost you. An 03A3, the WWII version will save you a few bucks. If you can live with a sporterized (either altered original or new altogether) stock, you can get the price down quite a bit. I have 03A3s from Smith Corona and Rock Island, both sporterized, one with a nice set of Williams sights and the other scoped, both very nice shooters. I picked one up in a private sale for $250 and the other at a LGS for about $350. I'd like to get ahold of an all original one.

2 years 40 weeks ago, 3:17 PM

tboner

tboner's picture

Captain

I had one when I was younger, my dad bought several for $40 now there $300 to $1000. There dependable.

Tboner

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 869 (0 members and 869 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
null, daisycutter, M L, captmax, teko52, hendrickseric1116
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,844, Comments: 163,203, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity