Forums / Gun Discussion / Taurus PT 140

3 years 37 weeks ago, 6:20 AM

hendrickseric1116

hendrickseric1116's picture

First Lieutenant
Taurus PT 140

So I ended up buying a Taurus PT 140 for concealed carry. I have to tell you guys I love it! Great gun I was kinda leary about the Taurus sometimes they get a bad review. But this gun is great hold 10+1 40 Cal. light and small. I'm not a big but 5'10 165 lbs but I coneal it easily in a T-Shirt with a cheap uncle mike inside the waist band holster. I will say it has some kick though put 100 rounds through it and your hands start to feel it. Awsome gun I recommend it to anyone for concealed carry or IDPA and other shooting sports.

3 years 37 weeks ago, 5:21 AM

Muskroom

Muskroom's picture

Captain
Triger

Hey ,
Congrats on the new gun! How is the trigger on that bad boy?

3 years 37 weeks ago, 7:30 AM

hendrickseric1116

First Lieutenant
Good

It is actually not as much pull as I expected. I shoot IDPA and think I might use for one of the competitions for fun you know.

3 years 37 weeks ago, 8:02 AM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

Good pistol for sure.

They made enough Berettas in the past that I doubt that there would be any issues with yours.

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 37 weeks ago, 1:35 PM

sytasyn_syn

sytasyn_syn's picture

General

I have had bad experiences with the two Taurus's I have shoot(one owned by my father). Don't like them or the quality, however, if you got one of the good ones than I am glad you are happy with it. I would just urge that you eventually swap it for a better gun since you want to carry it.

Be Kind and Courteous to All That You Meet, But Always Have A Plan to Kill Them -U.S. Marine Corp General-
3 years 37 weeks ago, 6:42 PM

Muskroom

Muskroom's picture

Captain
nice

Never thought a taurus would be that good out of the box. I have never had one and to tell the truth I always felt like they were no good but you may convince me to give them a go..

3 years 37 weeks ago, 5:03 AM

hendrickseric1116

First Lieutenant
Many good points

Of course I would have liked to have bought a Kahr or something that is slim but starts in a 4 cal. But as most of us are I am on a budget. I have enjoyed the pistol thus far but if I have any problems with it I will be sure to post it to let everyone know. I do have to say point of aim point of impact is very good with this gun. When I first purched it I thought for sure I would need to have a set of adjustable sights put on but I do not think I will after getting some rounds through it.

3 years 37 weeks ago, 9:40 AM

ice.queen

ice.queen's picture

Lieutenant Colonel
wish you luck

Look forward to hearing how it does with more use.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -Albert Einstein
3 years 37 weeks ago, 6:25 PM

fixxer72

fixxer72's picture

Lieutenant Colonel
Taurus

Just bought a Taurus Tracker 357 mag the other night. Had it at the range today. I realize you guys are commenting on a semi auto and mine is a revolver. But WOW what a gun. Dead nuts on at the 50' mark right out of the box. It should be over there<<<<<

3 years 37 weeks ago, 7:24 PM

ronin1604

ronin1604's picture

Lieutenant General
Thank YOU!!!

About time someone besides me gave Taurus a good review. LOL!

__________________ "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
3 years 37 weeks ago, 9:15 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

If you have a good gun that has proven reliable and accurate, keep it. Why change something that is working? Now, I would always choose a Glock or XD over any other sidearm out there, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
3 years 37 weeks ago, 9:32 PM

ronin1604

ronin1604's picture

Lieutenant General
Runaway..

I agree with your last post compleatly.

__________________ "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
3 years 37 weeks ago, 6:14 AM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
Wow, really ronin?

You agree completely? So your next pistol purchase is going to be a Glock or XD then? Good. Another 1911 guy brought over to the dark side.

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
3 years 34 weeks ago, 3:29 PM

sargedog1

sargedog1's picture

Private First Class
PT-140

I have the pt-140 put several hundred rounds through it. I also have the pt-845, 145, and the 24/7 .40. I like all of them, they are all save my hide dependable. The pt-140,145 are excellent to carry if you don't feel like wearing a belt just carry in a smart type holster.

3 years 34 weeks ago, 8:55 PM

Ironmike15

Ironmike15's picture

Brigadier General
taurus

I have heard some bad things about taurus..colts too.. well I don't buy it. I have several of each. I have carried an ultra light 85 for 7 years. It has never malfunctioned. I have a rageing bull 22 hornet. It is awesome. It is as accurate as any pistol made. I have a 92 and a millenium 380. I have not shot them much but I Am not worried about them either. People told me my sig GSR would jam all the time. Well..two years and it hasn't. It is scary accurate. I hear colts suck and so forth and so on. Glad I never listened to that nonsense either. Yes I have a glock. I trust it too but it is not a revolver. All autos can jam..period. there is no 100% dependable auto. I shoot my pistols until I find the most accurate and dependable rounds and then carry them. They are very unlikely to jam. That's it. It does no good to tell anyone that their pistol is no good. Because if you say that without shooting it extensively, then you have no idea what you are talking about. Every manufacturer has a few bad guns. Send them back and they will fix it.

3 years 34 weeks ago, 9:13 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
GSR

Ironmike15 wrote:
People told me my sig GSR would jam all the time. Well..two years and it hasn't. It is scary accurate.
smooth like butter on a hot griddle too I bet...

Yes, things malfunction, break and production lines do not always catch every single off spec part once they notice something is out of whack...

eh, hell, I have problems with some 1911's because of how I grip the weapon causes the grip safety to not always engage, no bang, no joy. But that is me causing it and there is a fix for it called a speed or memory bump...

Hell in the wrong situation even a Zip gun is better than nothing...

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 34 weeks ago, 9:27 PM

ronin1604

ronin1604's picture

Lieutenant General
Runny.....

Hate to break your heart.... I had 2 XD's, converted over to the 1911. LOL!

3 years 34 weeks ago, 9:57 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
XD? ohhh HS2000

I get it now.

The XD-HS2000 45, 40 and 9 mil were great.

ahhhh

Springfield makes a fantastic 1911 TRP, Loaded, and on and on...

Bwaaaahahahahaha

I want to try out the XD/M with the updated trigger bar and see how it shoots.

3 years 34 weeks ago, 5:03 PM

Ironmike15

Ironmike15's picture

Brigadier General
ISD

It, the GSR, did make a trip back to the factory. The safety was stuck. I was. Like what the hell is this thing doing. My ffl sent it back. When I got it back, I took it to the range and shot some Walmart ball. I was literally amazed. I had never shot anything as well as That pistol. I joked with my ffl that I am going to send every pistol back. ...Ha. . If it didn't weigh as much much as a small pony, I would carry it everywhere. And. Those rails. ..
....never again.

3 years 34 weeks ago, 5:53 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

They got it right though...

Yeah, rails, They can be a real pain in the ass for CC. They tend to get hung with some holsters, but I love the added weight in the front.

I used to wear a 45 lb tool belt with quad pocket screw pouch all day long for years. I got used to the weight I guess, and anything I hang on my waist is really simple to get at and manipulate being ambidextrous to an extent. Hell, when I was doing Iron work between the bag of bolts, nuts and washers on one side and a 4 pound hammer and Spud wrench on the other a handgun on my body just seems to disappear in my mind...

3 years 34 weeks ago, 7:58 PM

Ironmike15

Ironmike15's picture

Brigadier General
ISD

Ha! Well I don't suppose a 4 lb pistol would bother you at all... I mainly don't like the rails on 1911s. They don't fit any of my holsters and destroy the wonderful lines of the pistol.. you are right about the malfunctions too being caused by the operator many times. I have done it myself. Last week at the range I had a texas barbecue pistol 1911. A guy was shooting a customized m&p 40. He wanted to trade pistols for a mag full . I said ok and we started shooting. He had 3 jams. I could not hit the broadside of a barn.. we both laughed a took back our respective pistols. Too funny really..

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 633 (0 members and 633 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,676, Comments: 161,427, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity