Forums / Political & Legal / Tea Bags - April 1, 2009 OUR TEA PARTY

5 years 17 weeks ago, 7:33 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States

Subject: Tea Bags

There's a storm abrewin'. What happens when good, responsible people keep quiet? Washington has forgotten they work for us. We don't work for them. Throwing good money after bad is NOT the answer. I am sick of the midnight, closed door sessions to come up with a plan. I am sick of Congress raking CEO's over the coals while they, themselves, have defaulted on their taxes. I am sick of the bailed out companies having lavish vacations and retreats on my dollar. I am sick of being told it is MY responsibility to rescue people that, knowingly, bought more house than they could afford. I am sick of being made to feel it is my patriotic duty to pay MORE taxes. I, like all of you, am a responsible citizen. I pay my taxes. I live on a budget and I don't ask someone else to carry the burden for poor decisions I may make. I have emailed my congressmen and senators asking them to NOT vote for the stimulus package as it was written without reading it first. No one listened. They voted for it, pork and all.

O.K. folks, here it is. You may think you are just one voice and what you think won't make a difference. Well, yes it will and YES, WE CAN!! If you are disgusted and angry with the way Washington is handling our taxes. If you are fearful of the fallout from the wreckless spending of BILLIONS to bailout and "stimulate" without accountability and responsibility then we need to become ONE, LOUD VOICE THAT CAN BE HEARD FROM EVERY CITY, TOWN, SUBURB AND HOME IN AMERICA. There is a growing protest to demand that Congress, the President and his cabinet LISTEN to us, the American Citizens. What is being done in Washington is NOT the way to handle the economic free fall.
So, here's the plan. On April 1, 2009, all Ameicans are asked to send a TEABAG to Washinton , D.C. You do not have to enclose a note or any other information unless you so desire. Just a TEABAG. Many cities are organizing protests. If you simply search, "New American Tea Party", several sites will come up. If you aren't the 'protester' type, simply make your one voice heard with a TEABAG. Your one voice will become a roar when joined with millions of others that feel the same way. Yes, something needs to be done but the lack of confidence as shown by the steady decline in the stock market speaks volumes.
This was not my idea. I visited the sites of the 'New American Tea Pary' and an online survey showed over 90% of thousands said they would send the teabag on April 1. Why, April 1?? We want them to reach Washington by April 15. Will you do it? I will. Send it to; 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington , D.C. 20500 ..
Forward this to everyone in your address book. Visit the website below for more information about the 'New American Tea Party'. I would encourage everyone to go ahead and get the envelope ready to mail, then just drop it in the mail April 1. Can't guarantee what the postage will be by then, it is going up as we speak, but have your envelope ready. What will this cost you? A little time and a 40 something cent stamp.
What could you receive in benefits? Maybe, just maybe, our elected officials will start to listen to the people. Take out the Pork. Tell us how the money is being spent. We want TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY. Remember, the money will be spent over the next 4-5 years. It is not too late.
Of course, if you agree with the way things are being done now, just delete!!!!!

5 years 17 weeks ago, 8:02 PM

birdebyrd

birdebyrd's picture

Brigadier General

But what you really need is committment... I for one, will do just that! In fact, I will also put my return name and address on the envelope! Of course, you may not hear from me again, as I may end up in a FEMA camp, or that compound in the remote Arizona desert, but WTF? It's still OUR NATION!

Feedin' the till, for the "Stimulus" Bill (since 1974)
5 years 17 weeks ago, 8:32 PM

Mark3030

Mark3030's picture

Lieutenant General

I also will be sending one. Did you here to night on fox news there talking about another stimulas bill my be needed!!!!!!!. so far just a footnote:

"the thrill of the hunt"
5 years 17 weeks ago, 9:15 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General
Consider one sent

from me, and possibly others that I know!

"Two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red the white the blue.The other ones got a rattlesnake with a simple statement made, Don’t Tread On Me is what it says"
5 years 17 weeks ago, 10:39 PM

fordvg

fordvg's picture

I will send one, a tea bag!!!

"WAR IS A RACKET, I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street, and for the Bankers." Major-General Smedley Darlington Butler USMC Ret. 2 time Medal of Honor winner.
5 years 17 weeks ago, 2:54 AM

Anonymous

me as well!

fuck em'!they are getting a whole box!i'll just have to restock for sun tea this summer!hehehe!

5 years 17 weeks ago, 10:10 AM

scoob

scoob's picture

Brigadier General

i agree with greasy, send a whole box. Our fore fathers droped barrels of it to get a point across and we should do the same. These libs care more about removing violent tattoos and taxing cow farts than OUR, the mepole as Andrew Wilkow puts it, well being. we run this country not them. Our kids and their kids r going to feel this more than anyone else in history. It has been said that Obama has spent more money than all the presidents combined and he hasnt been in office for 4 months. WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE A STAND AND IT NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U can have my gun when I'm dead and cold!!
5 years 17 weeks ago, 10:19 AM

ssrs10

ssrs10's picture

Lieutenant General
yeah

Talk about wasting tax dollars.......I mean I understand the symbolism but, these will be deemed suspicious packages and will all be searched.....That being said I'll probably do it anyways

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses
5 years 17 weeks ago, 11:33 AM

Gunnin88

Gunnin88's picture

Major General
sweet

i'm on board as well as many of my friends. This should make the news.

01*20*2013 Obamas last day!
5 years 16 weeks ago, 3:54 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States

They might be Hazardous Material. I am going to print Tea on a slip of paper and insert it. See main topic above...

5 years 15 weeks ago, 10:47 AM

jkshootingsupplies

jkshootingsupplies's picture

Major
Just The Tag

samD wrote:
They might be Hazardous Material. I am going to print Tea on a slip of paper and insert it. See main topic above...

They are throwing them out for suspicious contents other than tea in the bag. Instead, just take the bag off, and leave the tag. Mail the tag instead!

5 years 16 weeks ago, 3:56 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General

That is what I was going to do anyways, can't have a bunch of Farm Boys knocking at my door...

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
5 years 16 weeks ago, 1:07 PM

2chuck

2chuck's picture

Lieutenant Colonel
tea bag the gov

ya they said that last night on glen beck there throwing out the ones with tea bags in them for so just pull the little white tag off the other end of the sting and send that

5 years 15 weeks ago, 5:36 PM

RCR29

RCR29's picture

Lieutenant Colonel

send it and put your name on it ya bunch of sissys...

5 years 15 weeks ago, 8:39 PM

eagleseeker1957

eagleseeker1957's picture

Colonel
ok

ill put my name on the damn tea bag an the envelope.

5 years 15 weeks ago, 10:03 AM

Ravishing Ric

Ravishing Ric's picture

Major General

If we could all agree, I mean truly stick together no matter what we will be stronger than what they could phantom. As to FEMA's camp, they need to stay as to their policies and true meaning, Emergency Management not Enforcing Many.... The whole government is screwed up. Vets likes me has to pay for insurance after serving 20 years, I served more but where is this medical and dental care I was promised. Now Congress can go to any medical center get treated for a boo boo at NO COST, if Hiliary wanted bigger breast, or some kind of cosmetic surgery, yep you guessed it, she pays nothing and we flip the bill. It is truly sickening and disappointing; the true dying breed is the TRUE AMERICAN!! The Eagle is being caged by the new administration, the illegals have better coverage than I do, and I almost forgotten to mention them. If congress would stop giving to those who have NOT PUT IN we the working or serving individual will have our benefits when we hit that magic number for retirement. One last thing to think about, age discrimination; to be emplyed for the federal government you have to be hired before your 40th birthday, so that one can serve 20 years and retired at the required age, I do not get this. Yes, I tried to apply but was turn down due to my age at 41. I will get off the box, and you have my FULL AMERICAN SUPPORT!!

5 years 15 weeks ago, 11:55 AM

Ravishing Ric

Ravishing Ric's picture

Major General
That's a Great Ideal

just the TAG

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1017 (0 members and 1017 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,639, Comments: 160,795, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity