Forums / Political & Legal / Texas border shootout. 6-9-2011

3 years 19 weeks ago, 4:06 PM

Vaquero

Vaquero's picture

General of the Army

From AP.
SAN ANTONIO – Texas authorities said suspected drug runners in Mexico began shooting at U.S. law enforcement agents from across the Rio Grande on Thursday, forcing the U.S. officers to return fire and injuring at least three of the suspects on the other side of the border.

Few details about the early morning shootout in Hidalgo County were immediately available. The shootout began after U.S. agents patrolling in boats tried to seize a drug load on the Rio Grande, Texas Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Tela Mange said.

Mange said she could not disclose whether any U.S. officers were struck or injured. She said the agents came under "heavy fire" but would not say how long the ensuing shootout lasted.

Authorities said Mexican officials were notified about two "drug-laden" boats that were abandoned after the shootout.

U.S. Border Patrol referred questions to the DPS, which used its elite team of Texas Rangers Recon agents in the attempted drug seizure.

It is not the first time shots have been exchanged along the Texas-Mexico border. Since January of last year, DPS has tracked at least a dozen incidents of shots being fired from Mexico and into Texas, with U.S. officers shooting back in some cases.

No U.S. authorities have been reported hurt in those cases.

I figured I'd put the date in the title.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
3 years 19 weeks ago, 5:44 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

Lots more of that in the Future, I'm thinking..

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 19 weeks ago, 8:18 PM

Anonymous

Isd

John will you read what I asked you about on maine carry geesh John

3 years 19 weeks ago, 9:48 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

I haven't been in front of my computer for hours, got up and answered a call. Then had a friend show up and I heated and hammered some 1/4 inch steel brackets straight for him, only to discover he had no clue as to how to go about hanging the new bumper on his 1 ton using jack stands and his brain.

Then my wife came home and we had dinner, then she wanted to watch some TV and she just finally went to bed and I didn;t get squat done aa=gain today in my shop except putting together a Tool bench table for a Air Press and Abhor Press....

but I will go read that question now...

hehehe

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 19 weeks ago, 8:12 PM

Vaquero

Vaquero's picture

General of the Army

and claim an additional 20 miles south from Brownsville to San Diego. That will most likely engulf the main arteries of drug routes and the scattered veins. Just cut off the supply lines before they branch!

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
3 years 19 weeks ago, 10:00 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
Vaq

The thing is, the Cartels are already here in the US in force, MS13 is in ever state along with all the others. They are running little girls and boys to our side and opening whore houses in nice neighborhoods and run down ones. The violence down south just hasn't spread out up here yet as it is down there.

But yeah, there should be a buffer zone, a dead mands land. with plenty of warnings. If they enter it past the point of no return, who cares, they are now animal and bug feed..

3 years 19 weeks ago, 7:00 AM

Saint J.M. Browning

Saint J.M. Browning's picture

General
UAV Patrols?

We should be running the Predator along the border and fire on groups that appear smuggler-ish. :)

Also, this is another good example of the need for militias. The military may (I reiterate, may) be too strong a response and most LE agencies too weak. A militia would fit this need nicely. Which reinforces the purpose of an armed citizenry and the 2nd amendment.

I've mentioned armed expeditionary forces patrolling the border (and even on the mexican side) to others and received a response of shock and appall. These reactions from those ignorant of the past, ignorant of the realities of the world, and ignorant of their own hypocrisies. They like to call themselves "liberals", but I know the meaning of that word and to call them that would be to give them a compliment. No, these are sheltered, pampered, individuals that I refer to as limp-wristed, hypocritical, anti-American pansies.

I remind them that it is not unprecedented and cite Gen. Blackjack Pershing's excursions into Mexico. And Mexico can stand with us or against us on this. I think most Americans would prefer they stand with us, but if not, we can happily give them the middle finger and dare them to stop us.

Just my $.02

"I don't think Hank done it this way" - Waylon

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 650 (1 member and 649 guests)
tallguy007

Users Active within the last 24 hours
tallguy007, Caber, captmax, nobile157, gomer, jpdental, presslerms, teko52
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,654, Comments: 161,088, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity