Forums / Gun Discussion / Thaughts on the Bersa Thunder .380

5 years 18 weeks ago, 4:27 AM

ja0124

ja0124's picture

Colonel

Anyone have one, shot one if so what are your thoughts. Looked at one the other day, thinking about picking one up for when i can't carry my 1911 or H&K.

5 years 18 weeks ago, 1:12 PM

confused1

confused1's picture

Lieutenant Colonel

about the bersa thunder .380 i'm looking for something smaller tha my xd .45 to carry

Practice gun control. hit what you aim at.
5 years 18 weeks ago, 3:20 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
confused 1

in researching my look for a .380, i heard nothing but bad things about Bersa's. First it is cheap, because thats the way its made. Cheap.Very undependable and break down allot. That was by a majority of gun reviews. Now on the other hand.The Ruger lcp.380 and the Kel-tec, both are very well reviewed in the inexoensive mode.I went expensive and bought the Sig.p238.I've also heard great things about the Kahr.380

...check... G-AZ
5 years 17 weeks ago, 6:19 AM

ja0124

ja0124's picture

Colonel
ok,

All the stuff i read kinda went the other way, after a short break in most loved it. Read a head to head comparison of it with the walther and sig and it was a three way tie. So i'm still up in the air about it. Where did u go to get your info so i can check it out?

5 years 17 weeks ago, 8:58 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
ja0124

try this site. Gundirectory.com its forums are very honest from each guns actual owners.they give honest pros and cons.Sometimes reviews from magazines are basically company shills who think every gun is the best thing since sliced bread.they never find anything bad about anygun they review.i held a Bersa when i was shopping for my .380 and hated the feel.it was just like a toy to me.But , thats my opinion...you might love them thats up to you.

...check... G-AZ
5 years 16 weeks ago, 7:59 PM

ja0124

ja0124's picture

Colonel
ebear

Thanks. I will check it out.

5 years 16 weeks ago, 9:01 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security
bersa input

I bought one of the first of the bersa imports back in the early 80's. This is not real relavent as it was a 22, bought it cause it was cheap. I didn't have problems one with it, fed all rounds well, slide spring was dead on for all, the hot 22 rounds had just come out and didn't always work in other autos. Again as theres no comparing chamber pressure this is not all that much help for comparison. But sure liked it fine.

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
5 years 16 weeks ago, 5:59 AM

Nitris

Nitris's picture

Lieutenant General
go with the Ruger LCP 380. Great little gun.

Ron Paul 2012 III
3 years 2 weeks ago, 8:42 PM

frkbrent

frkbrent's picture

Private

LCP by ruger junk. buy a kel-tec or kahr great guns. also have Bersa 380 thunder great shooter not i issue.

3 years 2 weeks ago, 5:56 AM

Nitris

Nitris's picture

Lieutenant General
Everyone I know that has a Kel-tec has had to return it for repairs. Ruger copied and improve the mistakes made by Hellcat 380. Your the first person I've known to say the LCP is junk, where do you base your opinion from?

Ron Paul 2012 III
3 years 2 weeks ago, 8:04 AM

hot_diggity87

hot_diggity87's picture

Colonel
true that

i had to send my keltec in for repairs, worked like a charm afterwards but it wasnt the best so i traded it in. i might look into getting the LCP 380 for shits and gigs.

I'm not home officer, take me drunk!

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 873 (1 member and 872 guests)
daisycutter

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,724, Comments: 162,147, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity