Forums / Gun Discussion / Walther PK380 Failures

3 years 11 weeks ago, 11:20 AM

HAWKEYE50

HAWKEYE50's picture

Captain
Walther PK380 Failures

I recently purchased a Walther PK380. I signed up for a Forum through Walther, in Germany. The forum discussion was mostly regarding a failure of the recoil spring after 1000-1500 rounds. Has anyone experienced this? I love the gun so far. It shoots very well, and the accuracy is pretty good considering the barrel length. More than sufficient for a Personal Defense Firearm. By the way, the YouTube vids I watched before purchase were spot on as for recoil, there isn't much. Any insite would be helpfull. Thank-You.

3 years 11 weeks ago, 11:27 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
HAWKEYE50

I'm not sure about the PK380 recoil spring failures, but you could buy an extra one for $10... might be good to have an extra one around just in case

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
3 years 11 weeks ago, 11:35 AM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
PK380

Ah, no, I know that people have issue with how light a spring it is, also how long it is. But it functions just fine from all I have read, seen and talked with owners of the weapon about...

Don't let what you read on the Net scare you, much of it can be nothing more than mental masturbation that gets out of hand and runs rampant.

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 11 weeks ago, 11:41 AM

HAWKEYE50

HAWKEYE50's picture

Captain
Walther PK380 w/Laser

I figured I would just have a few spares if mine failed. My main concern, which is why I purchased that pistol was it is light enough, and manageable for my wife to handle. My .45 scares her. Thanks for the input. I love carrying the weapon. Comparing it to the much larger size and weight of my 1911A1, much more comfortable.

3 years 11 weeks ago, 11:47 AM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
I don't know your wife

and have not seen her shoot before. But if the bang doesn't upset her,she sould do really fine with it. I just watched a lady who had shot only one other time shoot one of the PK's with the Laser on it.

She was hitting a 4 - 5 inch group at 21 feet without any real fear of the weapon within the first few rounds. With the Laser turned on she was hitting a quarter sized group at 21 feet....

Just let her know not to try and use the sights while using the Laser....

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 11 weeks ago, 3:22 PM

HAWKEYE50

HAWKEYE50's picture

Captain

The bang wasn't a problem, recoil was.

3 years 10 weeks ago, 11:17 AM

KS101010

KS101010's picture

Colonel

I want one! Nice piece!

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 653 (1 member and 652 guests)
tallguy007

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,622, Comments: 160,565, Members: 23,520
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity