Forums / Political & Legal / What Does the 2014 Election Portend for the USA??

user warning: Table './drupal6_gunslot/gunslot_sessions' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed query: SELECT COUNT(sid) AS count FROM gunslot_sessions WHERE timestamp >= 1495950457 AND uid = 0 in /var/www/drupal6/html/sites/all/modules/forumplus/forumplus.module on line 147.
2 years 29 weeks ago, 9:32 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

For most of us, here, we are thanking the Almighty, that the PEOPLE of the USA seem to have come back to reality, while learning some very important and painful lessons.. The pity is that some of the lessons have reverberated from our historical past......like those who fell for the snake oil salesmen pitching miraculous curatives, that never worked. The difference is the amount of damage. The snake oil guys stole our money, and left town/were thrown out of town very quickly, without irreparable damage to the community. But OUR modern-day snake oil guy has done just short of irreparable damage to the fabric of our nation; and just when it looked like we would be at each others' throats perhaps, forever, our better nature--intelligence, wisdom and great good judgment, may have saved us.

I believe this election demonstrates that old saying about not being able to fool all of the people all of the time. Teleprompter driven oration by a golden-tongued, ill-equipped, unqualified charlatan, who cannot make things happen, except by perhaps extra-constitutional methods, is now being recognized as having brought us to the brink of disaster.

EVEN for many of the "takers" among us, who believe the government owes them an existence......they are beginning to realize, if they continue to participate in destroying the economy of this great nation, they will be destroying themselves also.

Just as people learn, grow, develop and excel, in stages in their own ways, we as a nation have reached one of those critical stages in the life of this great country. The Republicans MUST, now begin the reconstruction of the functioning of our government. They must make positive things happen---they must repair the almost irreparable damage done by the charlatan's regime, and they must show the people of the USA, that the Federal government can engage in SELF-MANAGEMENT by SELF-DISCIPLINE, instead of continuing self-serving, political operation on the tax-payers' time-clock. REAL accomplishment MUST be accelerated.

If the Republicans fail in 2015 and 2016, I suspect a Third Party will be born in the pain of that failure, but perhaps, too late. I pray that will not happen, because the "United" character of the United States could very well, in-deed, begin to disappear. That would be tragic.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
2 years 29 weeks ago, 5:13 PM

captmax

captmax's picture

General

When I heard the first words out of mcconnels mouth, he will be another boehner. We did nit elect these guys to work with obama and the dems, we voted these guys in to shut them down. We need term limits and then a viable third party as the gop has failed us.

Each election is an advance auction on the sale of stolen goods
2 years 29 weeks ago, 11:52 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

Senate Majority Leader Reid and President of the United States obama got their asses handed to them Tuesday because they failed to accommodate the wishes of a large percentage of our citizens. Our representatives attempt to work on our behalf, when they speak they are speaking for us, the democrat majority refused to listen and compromise, they got pink slips.
If the Republicans refuse to recognize the voice of the people coming from the other side of the aisle a Republican majority will fast become a fading memory.
Right now I am hopeful the Republicans are working on plans to hold and expand their majority in the Senate, the liberal press and democrat party will be coming after them with both barrels.

iyaoyas
2 years 28 weeks ago, 7:37 AM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
Give and Take

For 6 years they froze out the GOP and reid would not even bring any votes to the floor let alone pass a budget. The very same things they pulled should be sent right back at them, period. To hear Obama say the latest of his bullshit rhetoric, makes it clear to me. Cruz and Paul have it right.

2 years 28 weeks ago, 12:55 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

I am willing to give Mitch McConnell the benefit of the doubt, and wait to see how fast and how effectively he moves, against the charlatan's passive aggresionism. Mitch will find the locked-up House passed legislation, blocked by the former obstructionist Senate majority leader and attempted savior of the POTUS. Horrible-Harry Reid will have to sit there and see his handy-work be systematically destroyed, by the Senate passage of good law, and forcing the veto from the charlatan-in-chief. When this happens with bill after bill, after bill, the people of the USA will speak, by demanding an over-ride of the vetoes, and the charlatan will be further unmasked, as he attempts to have his way by unconstitutional Executive Orders.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
2 years 29 weeks ago, 12:12 PM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
I disagree

So many dems buy all the rhetoric fed to them. If the potus continues to blame the right, no mateer what, they will buy it. We are at a tipping point my friend, it will not take much to put os over the edge for good.

2 years 28 weeks ago, 8:00 AM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army
G'mornin' Cap,

"The very same things they pulled should be sent right back at them, period."
That'll only work for a short period of time. For Hairy Weed it worked for 6 years. Depending on how the Republicans operate shop they could be in and out like the democrats.
Payback is the legendary perpetual motion machine.

iyaoyas
2 years 28 weeks ago, 7:32 AM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
DC

As always, you are right on point.

2 years 28 weeks ago, 11:17 AM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

the United States would be kind of boring, ya think? :<)

iyaoyas

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 0 (0 members and guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
jf.chandler sr., bad landing47, krunchnik, jpdental, Trebein282
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,909, Comments: 163,338, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity