The CZ 70 or vz. 70 is a variant of the CZ 50 or vz. 50 with some minor cosmetic changes made in and around 1970.
New features on the weapon include:
* New grip pattern using a grid of dimples instead of grooves.
* New grip shape with a larger recess for the web between thumb and finger.
* Top of the slide is engraved with a fine wave pattern to reduce glare.
* Slide serations are wider and there are more of them.
* Serial number is stamped on the slide under the ejection port instead of below and behind it.
* Take down lever has a cross hatched instead of grooved surface.
* Smaller magazine release.
* Larger hammer with a hole in it.
* Magazines have new base with a more angular and less curved shape.