The Ruger P-97 is a short recoil, polymer framed, double action semiautomatic pistol chambered in .45 ACP produced and developed in 1997 by Sturm, Ruger (Ruger), but not officially released to the public until 1999.
The compact P-97 is a member of the P Series pistol family, and is essentially based on the P-95 pistol, which is 9mm chambered in Parabellum. The P-97 has been effectively discontinued as of 2004, and updated by the P345.
* Caliber: .45 ACP
* Capacity: 8 Round Magazines + 1 In Chamber, extended after market magazines are available.
* Finish: Brushed stainless steel or Blued
* Frame: Custom Polymer Composite
* Barrel: 4 1/4" in length, 6 grooves 1 in 16" right hand twist
* Overall Length: 7 1/4"
* Weight: 31 oz
* California Approved: Yes
* Massachusetts Approved: No
* Other Features: Available in Decock-only / passive firing pin block or Double-Action Only (DAO) versions