In 2003 the gunsmiths and engineers at Smith & Wesson wanted to deliver maximum power for serious handgun hunters. The power they sought required an entirely new frame, the massive "X-Frame™," and was the basis for the new Model 500™, the most powerful production revolver in the world.
This ushered in the era of the "big gun" and was only the beginning. What followed was a 4" barrel Model 500™, strong enough for the biggest game, yet easy to carry. New this year is the addition of a .50 caliber model, with an 8-3/8" barrel and removable compensator, and the remarkable Model 460XVR, with the highest muzzle velocity on earth. For ultimate power and velocity there's nothing even close to an X-Frame model handgun.
Features Integral Compensator, Half-Lug Barrel
* Most Powerful Production Revolver in the World Today
* Massive 500 S&W Magnum® Cartridge with 2600 ft/lb. Muzzle Energy
* A Hunting Handgun For Any Game Animal Walking
* Recoil Tamed with Effective Muzzle Compensator
* Hogue Sorbothane® Recoil Absorbing Grip
* Internal Lock