My Rem 750. The last couple of outings have been bad. It's all over the place. Starting to get worried.
Check the scope mount for loose screws. Worth a try.
I'm at my wit's end. The last time I chalked it up to wind. But I couldn't hit the same spot twice today to save my life. I'm worried about it.
I'm going to use some Barnes CR10 to clean out any copper fouling as well. We'll see.
So how you doing, buddy? It's been a bit. I'm on vacation this week and finally got caught up enough with the stuff around the house to get online.
Had my R&R last week. Kinda making up for lost time this week. Running hard and fast, feels good to be busy and the bosses are happy. Lots of new projects popping up and most of 'em are playing to my strengths : )
Glad it's a good busy. Tomorrow I'm going to take a day to spend on me and smoke a brisket and a pork shoulder.
Mesquite, right? Hickory might be good for the pork, but I think mesquite works better for both. I also have some pecan wood. Hmm.
im betting vaq's on the money with the scope mount.. way to far off for anything other than mount.. Course if that was me off hand i'd be happy lol.. that thing moves anymore it's going to wind up on another rifle..
OK, I cleaned my rifle real good with the Barnes CR10. It was real bad. I should have noticed, but I guess it's happened so gradually it snuck up on me. Last time I cleaned it, the barrel look clean and shiny, but had a brownish tint. The patches all came through clean. Now, in hindsight, I realize that was the copper fouling. I ran patches wet with CR10 through until they stopped coming out blue. Then I ran a couple of dry patches, bore snaked it, and then a light oil patch.
A world of difference. The bore is shiny and bright again. I'll get it out to the range again and see if this was it. I checked the scope mounts and they were all tighter than Sam's purse strings. lol
Greg, I'd be happy with this too if it was off hand and open sights. But this is what I'm used to with this rifle:
I don't remember if I already said this elsewhere, but it was the copper fouling. After I cleaned it, I got it out to the lease and set up a target. It only took two adjustments and I was dead on again.