I have been in the Gun Smithing profession since 2004. After attending the Colorado School of Trades, I ran my own general gunsmith shop in Montrose Colorado working on customer guns. I worked with the general public when working on firearms, buying and selling firearms, and conducting background checks for gun buyers. I still have my FFL and am active in Gun Smithing and sales.
I have an excellent knowledge of most firearms including rifles, shotguns and handguns. I specialize in custom Pistol Smithing and working with wood. I can provide samples of my custom work at your request.
In addition I am considered an excellent shot with handguns. I have fired thousands of rounds through large bore handguns up to 500 Smith & Wesson magnum.
I have strong communication skills and am able to express my knowledge in the classroom, one on one and with written documents. I am very familiar with Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Rocky Mountain Gun Smithing 2004 to present:
• Attended Colorado School of Trades gunsmith school
• Certified as NRA Range Safety Officer
• Colorado Concealed Weapon Permit holder
• NRA Small Business Alliance member
• Federal Firearms license to deal in firearms and manufacture ammunition
• Operate full service gunsmith shop
• Performed custom gun stock refinishing
• Specialize in double action revolver trigger jobs
• Specialize in custom reloading of both rifle and pistol ammunition
• Utilize technical manuals for complete disassembly/reassembly of all types of firearms.
• Worked on customer firearms for general repairs, scope mounting, and action work.
• Ordered and set up new rifles, bore sighted scopes, mounted slings, and sighted in at range
• Attended the 2005, 2008 & 2009 Shot Shows to keep on top of the latest products related to firearms